Every effort is made to carefully match clients with the best-suited companion-caregiver. All our caregivers are: carefully selected and screened, pass a criminal background check and several reference checks, insured and trained to deal needs of the aging population, each receives annual training updates including dementia care techniques, and has the opportunity to obtain flu shots & CPR/AED training. We also do random drug testing of all our caregivers.
Average longevity of our caregivers is three plus years of service with Anchor Health Care. This is above the average for most senior home care companies.
At Anchor Health Care your caregiver is our employee. We are responsible for taxes, benefits, scheduling, workers’ compensation and insurance.
Types of Specific Care Services
- Companionship and Conversation
- Escort to appointments*
- Respite or Relief for Families
- Medication Reminders
- Daily TLC Phone Calls
- Restroom Hygiene
- Personal Hygiene
- Walking and or Exercising
- Movement for ‘range of motion’
- Bath/Shower Assistance
- Monitor fluid intake
- Dementia care around current needs
- Offer Stimulating Activities, such as a board game
- Assist with correspondence, i.e. letter writing, or returning a phone call
- Light Housekeeping
- Meal Planning and Preparation
- Trash removal
- Answer the Telephone
- Assist with Pet Care
- Assistance with Managing Mail
- Limited House Management
- Pick up Mail & Papers
- Transportation within local community*
- Grocery Shopping
- Transportation to Appointments
- Pick up Prescriptions
- General Shopping
- Pick up/Drop off Dry Cleaning
- And much more
*Note: A transportation agreement must be signed to authorize any transportation services.
Find out how we can help you and your loved one. Call (314) 843-6616 or email us.